President’s Message for June 2019
Tuesday, 4 June 2019 | View:
Dear Friends of Rotary and fellow Rotarians,
On behalf of RC EClub of 3310, I would like to thank all our donors, volunteers, Friends of Rotary and my fellow Rotarians for making a difference and be an inspiration to the community. Indeed, as a team we had achieved many new milestones and great success in Rotary Year 2018-2019.
We had successfully achieved together the following milestones for the year:
- Our membership had increased from 33 to 43 members at 1st June 2019.
- Our club organized the 1st District 3310 Family & Fellowship @ BigStreet successfully.
- Project Gift of Sight, Bandung 2018 was completed with 700 cataract eye surgeries under TRF Global Grant #GG 1860259 in April 2019.
- Jointly organized with RC Bandung a 1 full day Communication & Public Speaking at ITENAS University @Bandung.
- Organized the 4th World Speech Day on 15 March 2019 and opening ceremony by our GOH Ms Joan Pereira, MP of GRC Tanjong Pagar.
- Participated with RCSH for Seniors Eye Screening @ Bishan CC on 19th August 2018.
- Under the matching grant program in partnership with RC Suntec City, RC Metro Kuala Lumpur, RC EClub of 3310, RC Sungei Patani & RC Taipei, we obtained a Rotary GG of US$35,000 for SIK @ Johor Jaya Primary School.
- RC EClub of 3310 participated a Durian Fellowship @ East Coast with RC Singapore.
- Our club participated the 1st Rotary Rummikub Competition for Seniors @ Potong Pasir CC. An awesome community project for Seniors.
- RC EClub 3310 attended the fellowship at Boaters Bar @ Sentosa, Sept 2019.
- RC EClub of 3310 celebrated Praisehaven Mega Family Store’s 16th Anniversary.
- 8-week Action For Happiness Course 3rd Batch started on 27th September 2018 facilitated by PP Vicky Soo and IPP Ching Kwock Wing.
- ITE College East Rotaract Club went to Philippines for their 11th Overseas Community Service Program from 17th to 25th Sept 2018.
- Mount Everest Climb (Base Camp) 2018 End Polio, a fundraising project to support Rotary’s signature project, End Polio Now led by Rtn Aaron Wong.
- RC EClub of 3310 was featured in the 8th Seeing Eye2Eye Conference @Penang in the souvenir magazine.
- Rotary ‘My Wish’ Film Premiere — First Man — fundraising event was a resounding success organized by PP Vicky Soo and her team.
- DG Henry Tan, DFL Ellen Tan, ARC Joanne Kam and AG Elsie Chua visited us on 12th Oct 2018 during DG Official Club Visit. We had a great dialogue session and fellowship.
- PP Ong Chee Wee and IPP Ching Kwock Wing and PE Terissa Tan attended Pan Borneo Meet 2-4th Nov 2018 in Kuching.
- Rotary Eclub of 3310 2018 Rotary 2-day Melaka Bonding & Fellowship was organized by Rtn Joyce Lau.
- RC EClub of 3310 participated in the District 3310 Inter-Club Bowling held at SRC Esplanade Bowl. A great fellowship and team bonding event on 10th Nov 2018.
- RC EClub 3310 participated in D3310 Membership Seminar cum Dialogue on 11th Nov 2018 at NUSS Guildhouse @ Suntec.
- 0ur club participated in the D3310 The Rotary Foundation Seminar on 8th Dec 2018 at NUSS Guildhouse.
- RC EClub of 3310 participated in the RYLA 2018 @ Kuching, Sarawak which was held on 7th to 9th Dec 2018. Pres Richard was appointed as the Camp Commandant & PP Edmund Deputy Camp Commandant for the program.
- RC EClub Of 3310 sponsored children to attend the Alice In Wonderland, a ballet production by JDA on 8th Dec 2018. Good fellowship and team bonding event.
- RC EClub Of 3310 Christmas Fellowship 2018 was hosted by PP Vicky Soo on 16th Dec 2018. We had scrumptious potluck food, wine and awesome fellowship.
- Awesome fellowship with PP John Soe & family at Joint Fellowship & Christmas Party 2018 at Flower Field Hall, Garden By The Bay.
- RC EClub of 3310 participated with RCSE for a day of joy, sharing and fellowship to bring Christmas cheer to residents @ Sri Narayana Mission.
- On 23rd Feb 2019, our club participated in organizing the WUPD 2019 Dinner @ Holiday Inn Atrium; and assisted and participated in the project showcase, Rotary Family Day 2019 @ Toa Payoh Central.
- CP BS Chew visited RC Tanglin on 18th Feb 2019 to share about our Gift of Sight signature project and to explain the intricacy of Global Grants.
- RC EClub of 3310 participated in Project Sunshine with RCJB Straits View at Hospital Sultan Ismail Johor Bahru on 24 March 2019 to bring joy and laughter to about 50 children of age between 5 and 10 years at the ward.
- Fellowship with DG Yusuf & FL Chandra, PE Rina and Rotary YEP students, from District 3410 Indonesia at Kublai Khan @Clarke Quay.
- PP Chee Wee and his beautiful wife Wenee participated in RC Kuching Central Charity Run April 2019.
- RC EClub of 3310 with D3300 through our sister club, Rotary Club of Bandar Utama and Rotary Club of Cheras were involved in the Autism project. Rtn Juho Laakkola will be attending the 2-day hands-on Rotary Autism Training @Subang Jaya, KL.
- Rotary E-Club of 3310 is honoured to be one of the international partners of Rotary Club of Puteri Lagoon for the Rotary Child Keystone Project.
In summary, I encourage all our members to be guided by Rotary’s new Vision statement which states “Together we see a world where people unite and take action to create a lasting change – across the globe, in our communities and in ourselves”.
I would like to thank my team, BOD 2018-2019, fellow Rotarians and Friends of Rotary who had contributed Time, Talent & Treasure to make the year 2018-2019, a resounding success.
Our incoming President Terissa Tan and her team will continue to build a Dynamic and Vibrant Club with diversity and active participation; and building quality and sustainable programs.
Bring a friend and share with them “Who is a Rotarian?”. Come and attend our final monthly physical meeting for this term on 13th June 2019 @Chinatown Point.
President Richard Ong
Rotary Year 2018-2019
Rotary E-Club of 3310